Wednesday, 10 April 2013

I --- I.I.T Madras!

IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Madras is one of the 15 premium institutions (colleges) located in the country. Established in 1959, this institution imparts knowledge and many other things to its students. IIT Madras is located just in the arterial Sardar Patel Road, only a few minutes walk from Gandhi Mandapam and Guindy Park. You would know the aforementioned places if you had read my post
on G . :P

The entry into this institution is damn tough.
Students can get admission into these institutions by writing a nation wide exam called JEE. It is said to be one of the toughest examinations ever held. Each year thousands of students compete for the exam and only a mere around 9k are awarded admission. Such is the competition. The students in here like "one unique class" and have high level of thinking. A major share of students start preparing for this exam while they are still in 9th grade itself. Students can do enggineering, management and anything related to science. I too, thinking I am brilliant, prepared for this exam. But alas, not only I understood none of the concepts but my school grades also plummeted down. Now, when I think about it, I am lucky not to have joined it. I realised I have no interest in engineering. Else I would have suffered as most of my friends are, right now :P.

The IIT Madras campus is very big and located inside a forest like setting. I have been there once for a cultural festival. Spotted deer and monkeys could be spotted occasionally. As I am an not of this institution I can't tell much more :P. But I can tell this. This is one of the best institutions in the country. :)


2 comments:

  1. Well, IIT Madras is no doubt very well known and popular college allowing the students to shine their career in a very effective way. There are lots of students who die to get a chance to enter into this college. Students are trying very hard to crack JEE exams with good scores to get admission in this college as it is a great college to make career with. Various websites are allowing students to get best Books for IIT JEE so that to secure good score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice of topic. The campus is such a beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave without your comments. I Wait-For-It !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...