Thursday, 21 March 2013

The Blackout!

This incident happened when I was 15. I still cannot forget that day because that was the first time I almost had a blackout, i.e I fainted.....atleast not by anesthesia that time. That was one quite embarrassing incident. I was doing my tenth grade at school and I caught a rather unfortunate fever during my half-yearly, which refused to leave me even after taking a crocin tablet. One stubborn viral fever it was. It had to come the day before my Math exam.

But on the good side, since I was doing well in my 10th, I didn't really have the need to study or practice. A little bit of revision was only necessary. But still, I had the exam jitters. I was attacked by fever the previous of day of exam. So no wonder. In addition to this, my parents were out of station. I was not able to do anything. That feeling when you don't want to eat, drink, talk or do anything for that matter. I was experiencing that. After the morning session of hateful vomit, my brother took the right decision to drop me at my grandmother's house. It was a sunday. My stomach was empty. The tablet was hardly effective for an hour. Again my body temperature was too hot that it was radiating.

So then they decided to take me to a hospital. The weakness had reached to such a level such that I had to be literally dragged to cross the road to enter the hospital. No food no energy. As I was made to sit with the blanket draped on my shoulders, waiting for my turn, I was staring at the TV mounted high on the wall. A muted video song was playing. That did provide some relief. I got so immersed into it. After some time my brother and grandfather stood up. I was wondering why. Suddenly my brother turned and beckoned me and said something. But I heard nothing. I slowly made an enquiring gesture with my head. One shake and my mind was horribly in pain under some invisible weight. They lifted me up from the seat and I staggered to my feet and that was all. All I know was I sat down again with my eyes closing shut. I couldn't move a bit. Though I could sense I was there, it was like somewhere drowning into some world into your mind. Till today, I maintain it as 'almost had a blackout'. But my brother would smirkingly tell in the presence of guests, starting like, "Do you know the incident where Akash dropped to the floor and fainted.....".  Grrr.

One thing I was sure about is that I definitely did not fall. I just closed my eyes. When inside the doctor's cabin (after much shaking, brought to senses), he immediately found out that I was dehydrated after checking my cold, pale, white palms and suddenly telling in a serious tone, "He must be admitted, I am afraid. Atleast for one night under IV (Intravenous therapy) ". I was giving an expression which conveyed "WTF" clearly. Luckily that hospital did not have any beds. We were referred to another hospital. Despite my protests I was forced to come there too. Luckily, in there was the doctor who was also a relative. In the waiting period, I asked my brother to buy four frooti packets as dehydration was the only thing. I gulped on two packets within two minutes. Surprisingly, I was back to form. Ok, not form..... but atleast my dizziness instantly vanished. Though still the weakness and fever were there. Then with my persuassion, my dad was contacted and told of the situation. The relative advised it would be better to get admitted. After some talk, he let go of that idea and gave tablets (some complex form paracetamol).

I was slowly recovering. That night I couldn't study for more than an hour. Slightly nervous I slept, only to be interrupted by another vomit incident in the middle of night. The next morning, my parents returned to Chennai anxious, very early, much to my pleasant surprise. Seeing them, half of my fever went off and I was refreshed, hope regained; went to school and almost revived after seeing my classmates.
I scored 92 in that paper.





Frooti is my most favourite drink all these years and even now. If not for it, I would have been admitted that day. 

Mango Frooti, Fresh and Juicy..... \m/ 



This post is part of The Chennai Bloggers Club's Thirsty thursday series initiated to keep the spirit of blogging alive and challenging.




26 comments:

  1. Frooti is the secret of my energy! :D Akash sir, nicely written. ini epome frooti oda irunga :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hari!! Yea ofcourse whenever I have the money I buy :)

      Delete
  2. Well written Akash :) Summer has already began. Have frooti stocks with you :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder when we donate blood, they give us one Frooti and an apple. Frooti is one drink that everyone in my family can drink because it isn't aerated. Better than a Pepsi or Cola or many times friends think that only babies drink Frooti and grown up adults drink Pepsi or Coke. For that matter, Maaza and Slice are also favourites.

    You are one padips, me thinks ;)

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea true what you said! Frooti is still my favourite whatever people say! And I am no Padips, not now definitely :)

      Delete
  4. Good Memories... Suddenly i thought you too started spreading rumours about Frooty, which many people are spreading. Thank god , its a good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post:) So frooti to the rescue:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Frooti! It charges and refreshes you like nothing else. Thank God you recovered and wrote the paper! But 92 in that? Wow, you must have been a real nerd! :)

    Keep blogging, cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I called him Padips, Sowmya ;)

      Delete
    2. Aiyo :O Appo dhaan I was padips and nerd and all...Now I only study the previous day... Thanks Sowmya :)

      Delete
  7. Sweet Memories. Kalukringa ponga! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frooti is my daughter's fav drink . I almost take it everyday .

    Travel India

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frooti. Maggi and Parle G...the three products I cant live without!!
    Loved this post!
    92!!! I have never seen that number ever on my report card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! Thank you! Welcome to Wait for it! :)

      Delete
  10. Frooti all the way!
    woah! 92 in 10th math paper - one freaky nerd you are !
    Nice post :)

    Keep smiling,
    Lakshmi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lakshmi...And no Now I am not a nerd :)

      Delete
  11. Hopeless concept. Do you mean to say that a cool drink cured your fever that all those tablets couldn't? If it was just dehydration, why didn't you drink some healthier drinks like water, fruit juice or tender coconut juice? It's because of misguided people like you that cool drinks with carbonated/aerated soda is selling so well (although this one isn't). But then, your 92% should be appreciated, in spite of the high fever on the day. But then, the reason you attribute is very hopeless.

    THE ANON STRIKES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, you didn't read the post properly :P My fever didn't vanish but my dehydration and dizziness did :)

      Delete
  12. hm...fruity!!!!!!!! i like it 2...!!
    and congo 4 d 92 :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave without your comments. I Wait-For-It !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...