Sunday, 17 February 2013

Making of WAIT FOR IT ! - THE BLOG...!

I am going to be as real and frank as possible. The idea of starting a blog was inspired by my brother's blog. Well, not entirely. He had already started blogging since 2009. In a house of three siblings, we used to fight for the single system in the house. Without doubt, I got to enjoy the system (in early 2000s computers were treated as luxury commodity) for many hours compared to them, as I was the youngest and I had my way. But as I grew up, it became gradually difficult to occupy the system. Suddenly everyone was against me :P. He used to blog at the time when I was free and wanted to play games. So as an initiative to irritate him and make him get up from the seat, I used to stare at the screen :P. Obviously that would make anyone pissed off. At one such instance, he tried to shoo me off and shouted to move away from the system. But I didn't move. I asked him," Whatever is the thing that you are keep on typing for long time?". Without turning. he responded,"It is a blog, you won't understand. Now move off."

Mostly he writes movie reviews. He is a real critic and sees all kinds of movies- Hollywood, English, Hindi and even foreign. He sees all aspects of a film. Even now, when I go through his blog, I have never/ only partly understood it. Not cause I am dumb. Also it is simple English. Maybe it is because I don't watch movies in that much depth?...Whatever, back to here.....at school, particularly from 9-12, I seemed to excel in English as a subject. I prided myself getting above 80% (getting above 80 is a big deal in my school). I was particularly good in the writing tasks such as letter, diary entry or an article. Before 11th grade, the English mark used to be lower than the other subjects. But after it, when I was in a state to at least get a pass mark in a subject, English topped the others. I myself couldn't believe it.

Anyways after getting admitted into my college, by which many were surprised as it was not enggineering, I was a total free bird and had ample free time. My bro then advised me to not waste this time and instead do something worth, learn a new software or anything and not just sit idle. Then came the idea of starting a blog. But I didn't know what to write about. I also didn't know what exactly a blog was. I asked my bro about some tips and ideas to write. He encouraged me to blog about anything I thought or wished. I was totally confused. So as a starter, I gave this name 'WAIT FOR IT' for this blog. It appears to be a cheesy title. Actually this is a one-liner used by the character Barney in the TV show How I met your Mother . But I had a reason for using this. I thought that people would actually wait for it to read my posts. It is true, right? You have to wait for some time to read the next post. I wrote a review of a Sidney Sheldon book as my first post. My bro was impressed with it. He encouraged to write more and also introduced me to the online blogging community. So there I got blog exposure.



To be frank, at first, I felt inferior when I read other blogs. Some bloggers are passionate in their posts, some wrote beautiful poems (I hate poems unless it is simple), some captured amazing photos. Their way of expressing was much more different and impressive than mine. I felt a pang of jealousy, that time. My bro then told not to worry about getting attention or more pageviews and just be my self. Then I forgot everything else. I started writing my own experiences, issues etc; in my own style. Automatically, I got some traffic and appreciation which I liked. I tried not to get too much in the head and enjoyed the flow.

So here it is: Writing I think, is awesome for me. As I said, I am an introvert and can in no way talk the way I do in my posts. I feel that I am more suitable in writing than speaking. Also, writing is expressing myself  from the heart (mostly). Writing can be powerful and vivid in their own way. Words create visuals and pictures in one's mind than an actual scene or a movie does. Writing is like talking for me. Writing is a bit of detailing, creating, imagining, reminiscing, exaggerating, reporting, feeling and more. I relish and cherish every bit of my writing. I am totally enjoying it!  

Fourth one!! :)


Recently in the English exam, there was a question asking to write about a humorous incident in my life. Invariably, I had written as I would have done here in this blog. I think I might have crossed the limit followed in writing for an exam. No formal sentences, improper punctuations, a bit of sarcasm and negative comedy. It was not at all like an article. It was more of a blog post. I added a P.S note too. Now, I am slightly worried. But I can't do anything now, right? Lets hope for the best! Blogging is really awesome!

Keep Blogging!

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda



20 comments:

  1. Hey Akash.. this is really wonderful.. in a way to know more about you.. i enjoyed reading.. how you had to stare at the system and got shooed away.. lol. and i can relate with certain things too.. esp when brothers occupying the system.. and my reserved personality.. well, many times i feel writing speaks and reaches the audience better than what we actually meant to say. well written post.. keep it up and make your readers wait for more... !

    read mine too.. my little try.. why i started to write.. http://ratnibbles.blogspot.in/2013/02/i-write.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rat for wonderful comment :D....Will check out your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a real good read! Enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Homemaker and yeah I will keep posting :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A genuine, honest post. Simple in its treatment, yet heartfelt and sincere. I enjoyed reading this, it was easy to relate to.. most of us have started blogs in much the same way - either by emulating someone else, or as an outlet to discover if what we wrote in our English paper composition sections could be shared outside the boundaries of marks and word limits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am humbled by your comment, Mixi :) :) Keep visiting :)

      Delete
  7. this 'writing your experience' was an absolutely delightful read! when someone shares his/her experiences or thoughts honestly in a post, it automatically becomes an interesting read!! let's hope you get good marks in that exam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting this blog deb, however the state of it, is :P. Thank you four your wishes too :)

      Delete
  8. Wow! AN excellent post ! :) Really a deserving post :) Youngers one's always know how to have there way :D Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tanya! Long time no see! Thank you buddy :) Yea, younger ones are the sorta pets so they can have their way :)

      Delete
  9. Wow!!!
    Again a WOW badge.
    You are gonna full your bags with WOW :D
    Congrats da :)
    Your simple and effective words have paved d way for you. :)

    Silly Smiles... Take you Miles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :)
      I really can't believe it :)
      Congrats to you too akka!! :) :P

      Delete
  10. Hi Akash, swinging by from the A to Z April Blogging Challenge to say hello. Glad you're enjoying blogging and finding an outlet for your writing. Your skills will be honed by participating in the Challenge. Have fun with it and enjoy ~ Judy (an Arlee Bird A to Z Challenge Ambassador). Also thanks for posting the sign up list at the bottom of your blog. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    Your blog is amazing... I enjoy reading your articles..This one is superb expressing your initial days of blogging..What was your score in English exam ? supported by your blogging experiences and skills or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha....thank you Swati :) My score was around the eighties...I didn't do blogging then

      Delete

Don't leave without your comments. I Wait-For-It !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...